Tuesday, February 19, 2013

For the First Time - Part Nne

My firsts for the month of December:

•   First time seeing a sea turtle in the wild.
•   First time in Zanzibar.
•   First time eating barracuda, jack fruit, and star fruit.
•   First sunrise on the beach.
•   First safari where I saw many animals in the wild, including gazelle, bushbuck, hyena,
impala, waterbuck, warthog, buffalo, baboons, giraffe, rhino, elephants,
cheetahs, chimps, hippos, lions, and jackal, plus many kinds of birds,
including king crown, guinea fowl, and European heron.
•   First time petting a rhino!
•   First Christmas away from home.

My roommate, Nicole, and I after the Spice Tour in Zanzibar..
View from the rooftop of our hotel in Zanzibar
Sunrise on the beach near our house.
Baboons
Giraffe - I can't get over how tall they are!
We were lucky enough to see a cheetah!
The lions we saw.
Petting a rhino.
Some waterbuck.
SO excited to see elephants, my favorite animal, in the wild!


No comments:

Post a Comment